EW Fuel Management supply the In Line Breakaway Coupling. The unit protects loading arm stations, hoses and pipeline installations against fluids or gases spillage. A typical example can be the unintended pull-away of of a tank truck, rail car or an aircraft. This also can include the drifting away of a ship.
How it works
Both halves of this in line breakaway coupling are fitted with non-return, spring loaded valves. These are held together by a fast coupling connection. The separation is triggered by a pulling force via the hose. As a result there is minimal product loss. The separation force is individually preset consequently giving the maximum protection to the line.
- The unit operates independently of the working pressure in the line.
- Due to the design the assembly can operate in either direction.
- Non-destructive separation as a result this protects the environment, operators and equipment.
- Rapid re connection does not require tools, spare parts or shear pins hence it is easy to reassemble.
- No cables are required on this design.
- The separation force is determined and is independent of the working pressure.
- The separation force is preset therefore giving maximum protection to loading arm or hose
Sizes : 1 to 4 (DN25 to DN100).
Pressure Rating : 25 Bar (PN 25).
Materials : Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Monel, Alloy 20.
Seals : PTFE Chemraz, Viton.
End Connections : Threaded female BSP, NPT or flanged ANSI or DIN.
Cable Pull Breakaway Coupling are available in larger sizes.
Also see below product specification for more information