Standard Swivel Joints, one of EWFM’s most popular products, are essential for relieving torsion and stress on pipe and hose. A Swivel Joint allows a pipe to articulate or a hose to rotate which in turn leads to preventing damage. A torn hose or broken pipework generally results in costly downtime or even worst harm a nearby operator. We supply Swivel Joints to a variety of industries, originally for oil and gas, but more recently we have expanded into industries such as food, distilling and pharmaceutical, just to name a few.
We aim to give our customers as much freedom as they can get when it comes to customisation, which is why most of our Swivels can be manufactured in a variety of styles, sizes, and materials.
Standard Swivel Joints:
- 2174 Series: This is the most basic swivel joint in the standard range we offer. Only available in carbon steel, this a cost-effective solution to reduce the stress on pipe and hose works. This type of Swivel contains two sets of ball bearings with hardened and ground tracks which allows Joint to cope with increased loads, it also increases its longevity.
- 2175 Series: This is the most popular Swivel Joint in our current range due to its simple design, ease of maintenance and longevity. The reason for its popularity is down to customisation. Unlike the 2174 Series, this Swivel Joint can be manufactured in Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, and more exotic materials. Furthermore, it has a choice of seals and grease which gives the opportunity to produce hygienic and food grade versions. More often than not this Swivel Joint is available ex-stock.
- 2815 Series: This Swivel Joint is a three-piece split flange design which makes it similar to our 2833 Swivel Joint. However, the 2815 Series is only available in standard or hardened Carbon Steel with a Stainless-Steel Liner. This means that it can cater for a large range of medias which makes it suitable for industries that handle aggressive substances. The three-piece design allows for a quick and effortless seal change without the removal of the ball bearings.
- 3996 Series: The Swivel Joint 3996 series is the perfect solution for when there is limited vertical height. It is designed to have a low profile which helps reduce the height of the pipework it will be installed in. Even though it has a low-profile design it still has two rows of ball bearings which allows it to withstand most conditions. Similar to the 2815 it is only available in carbon steel but has the option to be hardened which makes the Joint stronger and gives it the ability to hold high-capacity substances.
- Large Bore Swivel Joints: The Large Bore Swivel Joint is the biggest available in our Standard range with sizes of 10” and upwards. This Swivel can have either 1 or 2 rows of ball bearings which allows for a 360 ° rotation without any problems. This is despite constant external loads passing through with force. This is usually used in applications that have large scale articulated pipework.
Head over to the Swivel Joint section of our website to find more products and information. If you have any questions or enquiries about our Swivel Joints, or any of our other products, then please get in contact with on our sales team who will be happy to help.
Tel : +44 (0) 1763 248650
Email : [email protected]
To keep up to date with news on how we are supporting our customers, our latest blogs and new services available, keep checking in on our website throughout the year and follow us on social media including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.