Designed to replace “fossil fuels” gasoline, diesel fuel and coal, Biofuels are made mostly from plants that have just been harvested.
The main types of Biofuel are shown in the table below along with their equivalent Fossil Fuel and the key differences.
Global Biofuels production rose by 2.6% in 2016, although well below the 10 year average of 14.1% this was faster than in 2015 (0.4%) although the chart below shows the demand for Biofuels will continue to grow worldwide over the next 30 years
Demand for biodiesel will see faster growth, particularly in the Asia/Pacific region, Central and South America, and the Africa/Mideast region.
In many cases, rising biodiesel demand in developing countries will establish consumption mandates that will be intended to reduce dependence on imported petroleum products.
- Most gasoline and diesel fuels in North America and Europe are blended with biofuel.
- Bio diesel accounts for about 3% of the German market and 0.15% of the U.S. market.
- About 25 billion gallons of ethanol and 1 billion gallons of biodiesel are produced annually.
- Bioethanol is more popular in the Americas while biodiesel is more popular in Europe.
- The U.S. and Brazil produce 87% of the world’s fuel ethanol.
- Ethanol is added to gasoline to improve octane and reduce emissions.
- Biodiesel is added to petroleum-based diesel to reduce emissions and improve engine life.
How we can help
We have numerous products that support the Biofuel Industry including…..
If you load or unload rail or road tankers our Top & Bottom Loading Arms are perfect for you and are available in a variety of styles to meet any of your requirements.
They are generally made in Stainless Steel and come with a range of seals. However, both more and less exotic materials are also available on request.
Available in sizes from 1″ to 6″ and in right or left-hand configuration.
- Vapour recovery
- API Couplers
- NDT Tests
- Micro switches
- Locking devices and overfill sensor
- Stand posts are available on request to allow you to position your arm wherever your requirement dictates.
ATEX and PED Certification is also available
Our extensive range of quality Swivels come in many styles and allow your pipe or hose to rotate smoothly cancelling out the threat of torque and torsion causing damage.
- Available in Aluminium, Carbon & Stainless Steel
- Sizes from 1″ to 72”
- Offering quick, safe and dry connections
- Simply push and turn to connect, then turn and pull to disconnect.
- Compatible with Todo and Avery Hardoll under the STANAG 3756 agreement.
Perfect for connecting to:
- Road and Rail Tankers
- Drum Filling Equipment
- Loading Arms
- We offer a range of equipment to provide your workers with a safe working environment.
- Designed and engineered to your requirement, we will work with you with the aim of eliminating the hazard of falling from height, one of the most common injuries in a work place.
- Reliable and easy to operate, making them perfect for any situation.
If you are involved in the Biofuel Industry and would like to discuss your needs further, then get in touch with Mike and Guy on 01763 248650 or [email protected]