For the last decade EW Fuel Management has been supplying Subsea Swivels worldwide. The picture below shows an 18” subsea swivel deployed in the Atlantic Ocean off Brazil, to be used 3,000m below sea level with an operating pressure of 5,000 psi.
Our swivels are used to relieve stress and torque from pipework during the laying operations in subsea conditions. As subsea equipment is lowered to the sea floor, swivels reduce bending, help to prevent damage, and reduce installation time.
With the Subsea Expo coming up in Aberdeen shortly, together with fact that we have also sold subsea swivels to companies Norway and Africa, the following comments are particularly relevant:-
- According to Wood MacKenzie, North Sea exploration is back in 2019. They are forecasting over 40 exploration wells to be drilled in Norway (up from 26 last year) with the UK sector seeing 10-15 wells this year as opposed to 8 in 2018.
- ENI announced a new oil discovery in the Afoxe-1 NFW well, Angola, which is estimated to contain between 170 1 200 million barrels of light oil
If you are thinking of going to Subsea Expo (5-7 February) and would like to meet up with us to discuss your swivel dilemma, please give us a call on +44 1763 243650 to arrange either a meeting or a quick coffee. We know every project is unique and we will bring our engineering and technical expertise to your project.
- Sizes available up to 72” (subject to depth)
- Can be supplied to flanges
- Able to sustain pressures up to 1379 bar G (20,000 psi)
- Designed to ISO 13628 (API 17D) and ISO 10423 (API 6A)
- Inspection by DNV or ABS with other standards as required
- For use on PLET and PLEM
- Made in the UK
Full In-house Test Facilities
With an in-house hyperbaric chamber we can test swivels with external pressures up to 500 bar.
You may also need the EWFM Marine Products
To keep up to date with news on how we are supporting our customers, our latest blogs and new services available, keep checking in on our website throughout the year and follow us on social media including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & Instagram.
If you would like to discuss your requirement further or if you have a unusual application, please do not hesitate to contact our Sales Team and they’ll be sure to help: