As we enter 2019 it gives us time to reflect on the past 12 months. We faced the ‘beast from the east’ at the start of the year not once but twice. To boost the U.S steel industry, President Trump introduced legislation effecting exports/imports into the USA, and added to this, there has been the on going uncertainties around Brexit which show no signs of ending and impacts daily on the value of the pound.
Despite on-going challenges in our industries, we can proudly state we have increased our annual sales turnover by 30%.
On a positive note, 2018 saw an average rise in the price of crude oil, the U.K experienced the joint hottest summer on record, witnessed England nearly winning the World Cup, and two royal weddings!
How have we achieved this?
- Growing relationships with our existing customer base and successfully strengthening our position in key markets and locations throughout the world. This has also generated introductions for new business
- Successfully transitioning to ISO 9001 2015 – completing our 27th consecutive audit
- The website continues to grow and be an integral part of our business. Attracting more and more visitors each month, it is updated regularly with new images of our products. This has helped lead to a 20% increase in customer enquiries during 2018.
Highlights of the year
- Increase demand for our Standard and Large Bore Swivel Joints supplied worldwide
- Increased business for our Refuelling Nozzles
- Increase in sales of our filling and emptying equipment
- Large quantity sales of our Couplings
Moving into 2019 our plans and goals for the business continue to be the same.
With exciting new opportunities on the horizon including new products and expansions into new business areas 2019 looks set to be another exciting year at EWFM.
To keep up to date with news on how we are supporting our customers, our latest blogs and new services available, keep checking in on our website throughout the year and follow us on social media including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & Instagram.
To all our existing and potential new customers we wish you a happy, successful and prosperous 2019 and we look forward to working with you.