EWFM supply the ALL NEW G180 series over-wing refuelling nozzle has replaced the G457-240 series nozzle which has been in use with the United Kingdom MOD for many years.
Because the G180 design functionality was based on the original G457 design however it now incorporates many new features and benefits. As a result of listening to the operators in the field and UK MOD engineers many new features have been added. Many trial operations were carried out at Royal Navy and RAF stations before the final design was approved.
This refuelling nozzle is designed to be lightweight, comfortable to operate and rugged.
The Speed Spout system was designed to give the operator the choice of which spout suits the aircraft. As a result it allows the spouts to be changed in a matter of seconds.
- 1.5″ straight
- 1″ straight
- With or without a bumper ring
Features & Benefits
- Soft Close. This permits the operator to control the flow of fuel.
- Bumpers. If the operator places the nozzle on the wing the contact rubber bumpers protect the wing material.
- Designed for wearing heavy gloves. This allows the operator to wear protective clothing especially in cold weather.
- Anti-FOD component design. The components are fitted with anti FOD designed parts
- Light weight construction. The nozzle with 1.5″ spout, inlet check valve and the optional bumper ring weighs 3.15 kilos (6.95 lbs)
- Ball bearing inlet swivel. This allows some rotation and facilitates refuelling.
- Soft Dust Cap & lanyard. This is easy to fit and protects the spout.
- Quick coupling Speed Spout design is easy to use and fast to change.
Also see product specification below for more information