The G457 hot refuelling nozzle has been in operation with the United Kingdom MOD since the 1970’s. The requirement for Hot Refuelling was identified as an essential safety feature permitting the aircraft to be refuelled with the turbines and avionics running. The nozzle allows for rapid turn round of the aircraft safely reducing the risk of injury to the crew and damage to the aircraft. In addition the nozzle is used in all climates and furthermore the hot refuelling nozzle is also available with a special extra low temperature design. As a result this tried and tested design has built up an excellent reputation for safety and reliability.
- Construction material Anodised Aluminium
- Proximity lever.
- Automatic high level shut-off
- Froth dissipater sleeve
- Manual override button
- Flow control mechanism
- Inlet strainer: 100 mesh
- Dust Cap
- Grounding Wire assembly with Jack Plug and Crocodile Clip
- Curved or straight spout option
- Temperature Range: -30ºC to +52ºC
- Low temperature design available on request
- The material of body construction is resistant to fuels and vapours ensuring a corrosion free long life.
- Fuel will only be delivered when the lever is depressed against the fuselage to prevent spillage
- High level shut off therefore protecting the operator and aircraft from spillage when the tanks are full.
- Froth dissipator allows maximum fuel flow without the shut off operating prematurely.
- Manual override button is also a safety feature consequently protecting crew and aircraft.
- Flow control mechanism ensures a regulated and steady fuel flow.
- Inlet strainer stops foreign particles entering the fuel tanks
- Dust cap keeps the spout clear of particles in addition to the strainer.
- Grounding wire and crocodile earths the aircraft consequently preventing build up of static.
- Spouts van be curved or straight depending on the design of the fuel inlet.
- Lastly the nozzles can be used from hot deserts to Arctic regions.
Also see below product specification for more information