Folding Stairs have been designed to provide a safe working environment for workers who need access to heights. For example, from the gantry to the top of the truck or rail tanker. Especially relevant from a safety point of view they are supplied with handrails that run from the top fixed step to the last moving step.
The Folding Stairs can be supplied either manually or pneumatically operated. Safety Cages are also available which provides the operator with protection from accidental falls during the loading operations.
The Folding Stair unit is robust because it is manufactured in mild steel and galvanised. Consequently this protects it from the elements and both corrosive and chemical conditions.
Each unit complies with the latest ATEX Directive.
There are two methods to operate the Folding Stair either manually or by pneumatic’s. They can be moved easily and locked into position, because they can be tilted they are suitable for uneven or sloping surfaces.
- Manual operation
- Available in 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 step design (3 step shown)
- Anti-slip steps
- Step widths 800, 1000, 1200 & 1500 mm (larger on request)
- Spring assisted operation
- Option of manual parking lock or hydraulic locking in all positions
- Material – Mild steel
- Finish – Galvanised
Park open position 45°
Park closed position 15°
Options / Accessories
- Lever knuckle joints allows levers to drop down
- Extra support brackets
- Special Step width up to 3000 mm on request
- Safety Cage – for enclosed operating conditions
- Finishes – Hot zinc sprayed, Powder coated and also High build zinc primer