EW Fuel Management supply double arm floating suction unit assemblies where no fuel contamination especially in aircraft fuel is allowed to be tolerated. The floating suction assemblies are designed to draw fuel from near the top of the tank therefore it is least likely to be contaminated by particles.
The EWFM double arm floating suction unit is designed for tanks where the tank height is greater than the diameter. There is usually a leg set according to the tank size to stop the floating suction assembly drawing fuel off near the bottom of the tank where it may be contaminated by water. Consequently this gives a longer life to the water separator cartridges and an increase in their efficiency.
The tanks can be above or below ground and in addition they can be horizontal or vertical.The tanks can have either a floating or a fixed roof. Floating suction assemblies are made in aluminium as standard but stainless steel versions are available.
Floating suction assembly parts
- Aluminium flanges normally 150 lbs, flat faced
- The pipework is usually in aluminium but stainless steel is an option
- Swivels are fully sealed for submerged service with a double race of ball bearings. They are permanently lubricated.
- The stop leg prevents the floating suction inlet going below 8 inches from the bottom of the tank.
- The internal diameters can range from 1″ to 12″ as standard. However larger sizes up to 48″ can be supplied.
Alternative method of supply
EWFM can supply parts for larger floating suction assemblies so that they can be assembled on or near the site.These usually consist of the swivels, floats and the flange.
As a result this reduces freight handling and costs. Please contact the sales department.
Also see below product specification for more information